Ref. No: 298
INVITATION FOR WORK CONTRACTS IN INTERBALKAN ENVIRONMENT CENTER,IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EUROPEAN PROJECT “AGROLESS” (B3.11.02)
EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME «GREECE – BULGARIA 2007-2013»
Intebalkan Environment Center (I-BEC), participates (PP3) in the European Project “AGROLESS – Joint reference strategies for rural activities of reduced inputs” (Β3.11.02), in the framework of the European Territorial Cooperation Programme «Greece – Bulgaria 2007-2013».
The AGRO_LESS project (B3.11.02) aims to establish common reference strategies for the implementation of reduced input agricultural practices in the cross-border area by introducing rural population with the concept of site-specific crop management, which through an information and new technology farm management system will be able to identify, analyze and manage variability within fields for optimum profitability, sustainability and protection of land resources. The specific objectives of the project are: 1.The establishment of common guidelines and methodologies for the implementation of reduced input practices in both countries 2.The use and implementation of modern technology for encouraging Good Agricultural Practices on the areas 3. The pilot implementation of reduced input practices and evaluation for future use on the cross border region.
Main activities include:
- Establishment of a telemetric network of sensors
- Development of a support system for management decisions (DSS)
- Delivery of common reduced input protocols for farm planning and management actions.
The Project’s expected benefits include; farmers compliance with the legislative rules of the European Union concerning environmental issues and increase in product quality through a certified path of production.
The duration of the Project is 22 months (31/12/2013 – 30/10/2015) and its total budget is 3.377.584, 44 €. The project is co-financed by 85% by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) & by1 5% by National Funds.
On the 3rd of April 2015 a new deliverable was approved by the Joint Steering Committee, concerning Action 4.2 «Pilot implementation operations in Greece», Working Package 4 «Pilot implementation of tools and assessment of product quality».
For the implementation of the new deliverable of the above mentioned Project, i-BEC intends to employ seven (7) people, the most, with work contracts. The work contracts will be carried during the implementation of the above project and in accordance with the final approved time schedule.
Candidates will be employed for the purpose of implementing the new deliverable and especially for the populating the soil spectral libraries.
Required qualifications for the candidates include:
- Bachelor degree (University or TEI) in engineering, information technology, environmental, biological science, economics and management.
- Four years of general experience and preferably with additional knowledge or involvement related to the following fields:
- preparatory actions in mapping soil background
- agro-environmental services using simulation models
- services or studies related to sustainable agriculture
- soil resources management practices
- environmental engineering
- environmental education
- topographic surveys
- agro-environmental studies
- use of geographic information systems and ArcGIS software package
- databases population (knowledge of MS Access)
- Computer knowledge (word, excel, internet)
- Knowledge of English
For more information please see here, or contact us on email@example.com.